Monday, July 1, 2013

Poetry - Happy July!

This month's poem is one I wrote in March but did not post. It reflects the hustle and bustle of the school year, my daughter's last of High School. I've read it over twice since she graduated and it makes me cry because I'm going to MISS this particular journey every day. We've done it every day since she started at MHS and now... a totally different journey begins.

I'm ready, I'm just a bit awash in melancholy. 

Onward! Please enjoy: 

Morning Ride

Hurry, rise and shower!
Shake off sleep -- use the brush
late's the hour.
Dress in layers 
so chill and brisk the wind.
We go,
enlightenment to find!
Cold coffee. Morning rush 
is over
the purr of cats
the hush
of day begun.
Another symphony that's 
just what it's like
to be
me.

March 6, 2013

What poetry do you like? Epic? Ballad? Freeform? I like them all, but not all inspire me or move me. what moves you? I'd love to hear!

If you liked this poem by me, you might like Light and Dark my collection of passionate poetry available for $.99 on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment