Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Here we are again!



It's September. And it's about time I got back to blog writing. I've had a busy year. I published a novella (which you can peek at over in the side bar). It's been a while since I've been here, but this is a good time to come back. Since it is the start of another school year, you might find you need some new reading material. Well, you're in luck! 

September 4th has the honor to be the day on which my amazing friend, author Robin Lythgoe publishes yet another novel! 

My review of Part 2 is just below, but seriously, you can read that later. You need to go get this right now:
Flesh & Bone The Mage's Gift: Part 2 by Robin Lythgoe

In Flesh & Bone, part 2 of The Mage's Gift, Robin Lythgoe continues the gritty and powerful story of Sherakai dan Tameko. Lythgoe takes us back to the world of Tairenth, a place not so unlike our own history where wars are fought for land and power. A world in which, despite the efforts of many good people, evil gains a foothold and causes misery. Yet there, portals open to an eerie, time-altering plane at the behest of Bairith Mindar, the bewitching half-elf with his ever-so-tempting lessons in the aro. Arrogant in ability and ambition, he chooses Kai to regain for him that which he has lost, proving, in that very act of using a youth-turned-weapon for what he can't do, that he is a coward.

But cowards can be very, very dangerous.

In the gravest of circumstances, Sherakai is reminded to "guard his great heart." Save it, protect it. There is heart in this narrative. Heart, tears, and pain. A lot of pain. But there is triumph, too.

Though Kai is molded into the very thing he wants least to be by a madman with an impossible agenda, he fights to preserve the best in himself. He struggles, amid a painstakingly crafted, marvelous world of beings and ideas foreign to him, to guard that which is most precious.

If you haven’t read Blood & Shadow: The Mage’s Gift part 1, do. Get them both. Today. Sherakai’s story is mind-bending, heart-rending, and heart-warming. I love his family. I love his spirit. I want to see what he will become. The characters are as real as you and I. Pushed beyond faith, grasping to hold to hope through extraordinary measures in a place so marvelously believable, that I'd very much like to see again.

And if Kai can just hold on to his great heart--so close to breaking--I may just get my chance.

Thanks for reading! Now, go buy her book.

Buy them both. Get them for yourself and for a friend! Make an author happy. Swiftly now, go here and get them all:Robin's Books
 Robin's Books

Have a great month, everyone! Love you all! 

1 comment:

  1. You're adorable. And SO supportive. Thank you my dear, dear friend, for your lovely words! You made me sniffle!

    ReplyDelete