Saturday, December 10, 2011

Party Time!

Robin!!

Today is the birthday of my friend Robin Lythgoe. For those of you who read my blog, you know that she's my writing partner. This blog entry is dedicated to her.

Robin and I "met" online in 2004, after I'd moved from Pittston, PA to Mansfield, PA when my husband changed jobs. We got to know one another through a mutual hobby: online free form role-play. We played in the online world of Lyran Tal. At the time, she was an administrator of the site and I was just a member. Eventually we became co-administrators of the site. Our interactions there over the years convinced us that we could write some amazing stories together. We spent this year's NaNoWriMo working on our ideas and most of this past summer hammering out the setting for our world. We still have a lot of work to do, but I know with Robin it will be well worth the time and effort we're putting in. 

I've posted before about how excited I am to work with such a talented writer and artist. Robin has done the artwork for the covers of my first e-published short story and my daughter's. Robin has proven to be a very good listener. We have discussed many topics over the years and have shared many stories about our families, our faith, our love of writing and our hopes and dreams for our lives.  

Without Robin, I firmly believe I would still be doing more role-play than real writing. She was the catalyst that pushed me out of wishing and imagining on so many levels into writing. I'm so very thankful that God brought her into my life! I look forward to many years of working with her and reading her independent works as well. She is thoughtful, smart, clever and quick. She is a terrific, loving mother and a dedicated wife. Her family is very, very blessed to have her! She works so very hard on so many things to make them all successful at what they do. She can sew beautiful gowns, give sound advice and whip up a marvelous meal with dessert (probably something chocolate!) in short order. She knows how to put together a striking website and how to make all the elements work. If she doesn't know, she knows where to find out how! 

Though she picks on me relentlessly for still using a PC, she still helps me whenever I have trouble. I'm grateful to know her and to be considered her friend. 

You can see lots of Robin's artwork here: Owl-in-the-mirror at deviantart 

Get her latest ebook short story here: Dragonlace 

Download her FREE ebook short story here: In the Mirror


Visit her blog, download her stories and enjoy her talented artistry. While you're visiting her blog, wish her a blessed birthday with many happy returns! Thanks for reading. 
  



1 comment:

  1. Oh, you sweetheart! I feel terrible for not seeing this absolutely amazing and generous tribute. Wow. Just... wow.

    Still, maybe there was a reason for my laggardly reading of it. Talk about a pick-me-up! Thank you so very much, my friend. You are, as always, awesome.

    ReplyDelete